|Uttasana (Forward Bend)|
Perhaps one of the most popular Hatha yoga postures, the Uttasana is performed by standing with your feet together, then bowing forward from your hips, letting your head hangs with palms placed on the floor, near the feet.
- Provides a complete stretch to the entire back of body.
- Revitalises the spinal nerves.
- Helps reduce depression, and makes the mind peaceful by calming the nervous system.
- Increases flexibility of the spine, hips, tendons and ligaments of legs.
- Stretches the hamstrings.